“The concept of dieting is simple: Stick to this food list, consume this many calories, and exercise this much. But executing this “simple” plan is much tougher because once you’re on a diet, everything that’s temporarily forbidden takes on a new luster, and what was previously just another snack in your cabinet has now become that one thing that you really, really want.”
Read more >>> Why Slow and Steady Wins the Weight-Loss Race
Weight loss is sure not easy but worth the effort.
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~ Robert Collier;
“Whatever you are working towards, and however far you still have to go, I encourage you to take the time to truly bask in everything you have achieved thus far.
It doesn’t matter if you are moving fast or slow, only that you keep moving! And the best way to ensure that you continue to do that is to cherish each step along the way.” – Joanna Z. Weston
When the going gets tough, ask yourself, “Where was I six months ago? A year ago? Remember that changes usually come slowly, so it can be hard to see them. That’s why always concentrate on how far you’ve come, rather than how far you still have to go.
Remaining firm about your weight loss goals is one of the key ingredients to keep going when you face setbacks. However, to achieve those goals, you must be willing to adapt certain changes along the way and probably make small sacrifices. That means you must remain flexible and open to various methods.
If you notice that the scale won’t budge, it’s probably the time to change your workout routine. Doing the same exercises day after day can be very convenient, but at some point, you will notice that you are not improving, so you need to make some changes to shake things up.
You see, your body adapts to the same movements very quickly. A workout that at first seemed difficult will soon become easy. If you want to avoid this, you need to constantly challenging your body whether by increasing the reps and intensity level, trying different activities, or changing exercises. It’s important to keep your body guessing for maximum results.
Looking for a sustainable diet and training program?
“Eat food, mostly plants, not too much” -Michael Pollan
“Pick heavy stuff up.” -Daniel John
“Sleep faster, we need the pillows” -Jewish proverb
“Always laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine” -Lord Byron
[compilation via Rannoch Donald]
“Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good things come to those who pursue the goals and dreams they believe in.” – Unknown
Start your week with extra boost of inspiration, creativity, determination and confidence. What is your “boost”? Mine is a morning shower, good music on a radio and a healthy breakfast with a cup of coffee.
The best way to start your day is with a smile and a cup of positivity. Open your window, take a deep breath (inhale faith, exhale doubt), stretch your body, drink a glass of water with lemon, make a healthy breakfast and go to the gym or workout at home.
Happy Monday! 🙂
Don’t let another Monday go by without working towards your goals. You don’t need a gym membership to get in shape and lose weight. There are planty other ways to get healty and fit.
– Try bodyweight exercises like burpees, squats, high-knees, push-ups, jumping rope etc. They don’t cost a thing and you can do them just about anywhere.
– Look for free or discounted classes in your community, workplace or school. Check out web sites and facebook pages where you can find personal trainers providing online ongoing support and motivation. Many of them posts daily exercises and workout routines and answer any questions you might have about diet and exercise. Here are few examples I like: Fit Geanie, Emily Skye, CusiFit, Chris Freytag Get Healthy U, PopSugar Fitness etc.
– Invest in affordable tools that can help you get started with your workout regimen like workout DVDs, fitness books, or magazines from the library.
– Sign up for an online fitness programs. Check out JillianMichaels.com or monthly challenges such as 30-Day Squat Challenge by fitnessmagazine.com
– Check out Youtube! There you can find tons of great free workout videos that you can do at home on a daily basis. For example, Fitness Bleder provides free full length workout videos, workout routines, healthy recipes and more.
Also, check out PopSugar Fintess, BeFit Channel with top fitness trainers like Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, Jane Fonda, Scott Herman and so on. Bob Harper Killer Workouts and much more.
The bottom line is you don’t need a gym membership to start exercising. All you need is enough willingness to try one or more of the suggested things.
How you start your day is the first step in determining how you will finish. Morning exercise is a great way to start your day. It will clear your mind, give you energy boost and will motivate you to stay healthy all day by making smart food choices. Even some stretching and a brisk walk is enough to wake up your body.
After a morning workout, take a deep breath, have some breakfast, set a daily goal and step out the door with a smile on your face and a desire to make this day the best yet.
Starting your day energized and happy will increase your chances of having a successful and productive day. Morning workout isn’t just about starting strong, it’s about finishing even stronger.
Wishing you all a wonderful and successful day! 🙂