If you want to live a healthier life, you don’t have to join a gym, devote two hours a day to cooking, and spend all your time exercising. Instead, small decisions can add up to big changes over time. Focus on achieving your health goals in small, manageable chunks. Some easy first steps include:
– Replacing one unhealthy snack with a healthier option each day.
– Committing to cooking at home at least two days per week.
– Dedicating just five minutes a day to exercise. You can steadily increase this number over time, but you may also find that after a five-minute workout, you’re motivated to go for 10, 20, or even 30 more minutes.
– Noticing your automatic negative thoughts and focusing on reframing these into more positive ideas.
– Scheduling your work day so you have time for yourself at night. If you complete your daily goals, you’ll feel less stressed when it’s time to relax. And a daily schedule can prove invaluable at helping you complete your goals.