Do The Perfect Squat
At the beginning of my fitness journey my trainer said to me: “Anita, if you want to do squats properly then just watch small children: They squat perfectly.” So how to do the perfect squat?
1. Stand upright with you feet pointing straight ahead, about shoulder-width apart.
2. Push your butt back as you go lower to the ground, keep your weight on your heels.
3. Keep your chest up and make sure head is facing forward with eyes straight ahead for a neutral spine.
4. Tighten your core to stabilize as you descent. (Slightly contract your abs to stabilize your core.)
5. If you are sitting back correctly your knees won’t go past your toes.
6. Exhale while driving through the heels to return to standing position.
7. Go lower, lower! By going lower enough you will engage all the muscles in your legs, butt, and core. At the lowest point of your squat, your thighs should be parallel to the ground.
Squats are sometimes referred to as the king of all exercise for they work the hips, glutes, quads, and hamstrings, and they also strengthen the core.
I have to say that I love to squat. I really do. You can do squats anywhere, and no additional equipment is necessary. They are a quick and efficient way to tone, strengthen and sculp your butt. And if you want slimmer legs then squats are the ideal for you.